Felix - "The Lesson" Part Seven

While in the midst of the confusion with all of the children my team looked at me for signals that everything was ok – hoping I knew what I was doing…and yet for me there was never a lapse in my thought about what was playing out there on that solitary beach so many miles away from what may well be truck loads of starburst memories, clean water and sustaining food, delivered to other communities across the desert…development aid to help fill empty bellies, but for me it was about letting children be children…always…always…theyre ready for a game no matter what theyre conditions are and this time, this time, its the children that taught the teacher.

It was me that learned the most that starry night aside Lake Turkana, that I also have a role to play out here, to pause from my own world to use my photographic skills to help serious integrity filled organizations raise awareness to issues both simple and complex. I can do this. I have done this and I will continue without abaiting

And maybe, just maybe…the most important part lesson I learned was that they just wanted to dream a dream filled with laughter…filled with smiles and a chance to be part of something fun, of something good, if just for the moments shared running along a distant beach at sunset…laughing with their friends.

The next time I pass this way again, and I will, I’ll have more than enough starburst coloured memories for lots of races for the children along Lake Turkana. The work continues and so does the chance to create good dreams filled with love and with the promise of good things yet to come.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless & bring you home safe ...Thank you for doing your best to teach us all what is needed ...

    ReplyDelete